If you are locked out of your iPhone or iPad or iPod, this video will show you how to unlock it through iTunes with a PC or Laptop.
If you have iPhone 6s and earlier, any iPad with a Home Button, iPod touch 6th Gen and earlier, these instructions will (very) thoroughly guide you step-by-step. I even included some of the potential errors that you may run into and how to get around them.
I’m including the link for the updated version of these instructions. This video will still (very) thoroughly guide you step-by-step through the unlock process. The only change you will encounter that differs from this video will be the button that you have to hold on your device once you reach that step. You will find that step around the 7:45 mark. If you have an:
– iPhone 7, 7 Plus, or iPod touch 7th Gen, hold the Volume Down button
– iPhone 8, 8 Plus, hold the Side Button (the Power Button)
– iPhone X (including XS, XS Max, and XR), hold the Side Button (the Power Button)
– iPad with Face ID, hold the Top Button (the Power Button)
You will need:
– your locked out iPhone (or iPad or iPod)
– Your USB Lightning Cable you use to charge your iPhone
– A PC or Laptop
– A high speed, trustworthy internet connection for your PC or Laptop (Wired or Wireless)
– The iTunes programs downloaded and installed on your PC or Laptop
– Your Apple ID for your phone (you’ll need it for both iTunes and your iPhone once it is unlocked)
– LOTS of Patience
This process took me about 2 hours to perform. If it doesn’t work on the first try, try again. You’ll get it.